slower?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 18 16:55:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Dan Williams wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 12:44 -0400, Patricio Bruna V wrote:
>> maybe im the only one, but i notice that Fedora now runs really slow.
>> --
>> Patricio Bruna
>
> This may be due to gdm-binary taking up all your CPU, that bug has been
> fixed in rawhide.

I have to agree.  FC4 is hideously slower than FC3 on my 2.4Ghz P4 512Mb
machine.  Terminals are slow to appear and sometimes stall failing to update
(but then catch up a little later).  Firefox takes ages to startup compared to
how it was working before.

jh

--
"Disney has the best casting.  If he doesn't like an actor, he just tears him
  up."                                                -- Alfred Hitchcock