mac mini install

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Sat Mar 19 00:39:57 UTC 2005

Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 01:09 -0800, Drew Bertola wrote:
>
>>Colin Charles wrote:
>>
>>>At the boot, try:
>>>
>>>	linux resolution=1024x768
>>>
>>>If that doesn't work, just do a "linux text" install as that'll at least
>>>get you up and running
>>
>>Can you do this when booting off of boot.iso?  The only options I
>>noticed were the yaboot(??) options.  Then it went right into the
>>graphical installer (or maybe I walked away both times and missed it).
>

> These are arguments to the yaboot images, you are saying linux (the
> image - tab to list) and text as an argument - that gets passed to the
> kernel and anaconda via /proc/cmdline.

Well I guess so.  Normally, on a x86 installs, there's a screen that
allows you to select various install modes (text, expert, rescue) and
pass arguments to the installer's kernel.  When I did the PPC install, I
didn't see that screen and instead, the installer went straight into a
graphical install.  I did this twice.  Did I just miss it both times?

The graphical install worked well enough for me (other than typical
problems others are reporting that can be fixed post install).

--
Drew