why has xfce been removed?

Kevin Fenzi kevin-redhat-beta at scrye.com
Sat Mar 19 07:01:11 UTC 2005

>> I haven't asked for a build because I haven't imported the packages
>> into CVS. I haven't imported them into CVS because there is some
>> write permission issue on my CVS account. ;)

seth> Have you asked about this to Elliot or Gafton?

I sent some email about it eariler today to wtogami at redhat.com
per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fUsingCvsFaq page.

seth> option 2: send me your packages, I'll import them for you.

The src.rpms can be found at:

http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora-extras/SRPMS/

It would be good for me to know the proper procedure tho. ;)

>> I haven't asked for a build because I haven't imported the packages
>> into CVS. I haven't imported them into CVS because there is some
>> write permission issue on my CVS account. ;)

Ignacio> I remember running into this. If you've previously checked
Ignacio> out the devel tree with an anonymous account then delete it
Ignacio> and check it out again under your username.

Ah, that got me further.

cvs-import.sh ../../SRPMS/dbh-1.0.22-1.src.rpm
Checking out the modules file...
Creating new module: dbh
Running syncmail...
Mailing cvsextras...
...syncmail done.
Running syncmail...
Mailing cvsextras...
...syncmail done.
Entry for module 'dbh' created.
Checking out module: 'dbh'
Unpacking source package: dbh-1.0.22-1.src.rpm...
A dbh-1.0.22-rpath.patch
L dbh-1.0.22.tar.gz
A dbh.spec

Checking : dbh-1.0.22.tar.gz on http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/repo/extras/upload.cgi...
ERROR: could not check remote file status
make: *** [upload] Error 255
ERROR: Uploading the source tarballs failed!
zsh: 7140 exit 9     cvs-import.sh ../../SRPMS/dbh-1.0.22-1.src.rpm

I posted to the maintainers list about it. That seems a more
approprate place to ask. ;)

kevin