Fedora Core 4 PPC usb boot image

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sat Mar 19 13:20:56 UTC 2005

>>>but not the usb-stick, the usb-stick-led (256mb) is flickering

sorry, no led is flickering :-(
but later while booting into  fc4t1/macosx

>>>afaik the mac can not boot from usb but firwire [T].
>>>

>>Works for me on my ibook with the chooser.  On a G5 I've just tested the
>>chooser didn't find it.  I know at least one other person was able to do
>>it
>>
>>In OF can you do
>>
>>devalias - note down your usb devices, then for each usb device (eg
>>usb1, usb2) try doing:
>>
>>dir usb1/disk at 1,1:\
>>

>Actually as disk@ can change
>
>dev usb1
>ls
>
>is probably better correct boot line in OF:
>
>boot usb1/disk at 1:,\\:tbxi
>
>edit the device path as necessary

OpenFirmware
[alt]+[apple]+[o]+[f]

Apple PowerBook6,4  4.8.3f1 BootROM built on 04/01/04
0> devalias
[...]
0> dev usb0
0> ls
ff*: /mouse at 1

0> dev usb1
0> ls
ff*: /disk at 1

0> dir usb1/disk at 1,1:\    can´t OPEN the DIR device

0> boot usb1/disk at 1:,\\:tbxi    can´t Open: usb/disk at 1:,\\:tbxi
Can´t open device or file

0> shut-down

no luck :-(
nfs installation was ok.