[Native Eclipse] -- Problem connecting cvs trough ssh

Paul Watkins pwatkins at decssi.com
Sat Mar 19 18:15:51 UTC 2005

My Solution to this same problem was to do two things:

1. use the -vm flag on startup to point to another JVM, in my case, java
sdk1.5.0_02. e.g., eclipse -vm /usr/share/java/jdk1.5.0_02/jre/bin/java
2. the other was to change the write permissions for the plugins and
features subdirectories in the eclipse deploy directory: /usr/share/eclipse.

I can now perform software updates and install plug-ins and so on.  This
may help your situation.

Paul