i810 refresh bug regression? New or reopen?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 01:02:55 UTC 2005

Paul Iadonisi wrote:
>   *sigh*
>
>   Looks like the infamous i810 refresh bug is back after yesterday's
> xorg-x11 update (6.8.2-10).  Well, maybe not exactly the same.  There's
> definitely some refresh problems, but the behavior seems slightly
> different.  Now, partial desktop icon artifacts appear near (usually
> within an icon width or two) the original icons.  But they appear
> elsewhere on the screen sometimes, too, like when launching gnome-
> terminal.
>   Should I update bugzilla 132267 or open a new one?  Anyone else seeing
> this?

I tested the xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.FC3.10test version on my desktop that has
the 815 card and al things seemed to work regarding dri, switching to
terminals and switching to different resolutions and depths. I tested
the nv driver on the same computer with the builtin and the driver was
worse in performance than the i810 performed.

It seems the breakage hapened again from xorg-x11-6.8.2-1 through
*6.8.2-10 for the i810 driver.

Has there been a new bug report filed for the rawhide i810 version breakage?

One thing is certain, the drivers from opensource could be made to work
a lot better with the videocards. My test demonstrated this with trying
the nvidia driver compared to the nv driver. I realize that nvidia has
the code and knows the details of their hardware, but it really shows
between the two drivers.

Jim

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for.