sound on mac mini?

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Mon Mar 21 16:11:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 07:16, Dwaine Garden wrote:
> Michael A. Peters wrote:
>
> > I don't believe sound on mac mini is currently supported.
> >
> I was reading it was a newer chipset for the sound.  Maybe I'll try and
> install it on my mac mini.

Thanks to someone on the fedora-devel irc I found a patch for
system-config-sound that will at least scan the macioc bus. bz # 146357

It does detect the card but still no sound.  Well, I say no sound but
now that I think about it I have not tried the audio jack.  I was
expecting the built in speaker to do the deal.  I found some references
to a ubunto user getting it to work.  I will dink with that an see what
I can find.

This is an increasingly popular machine and getting the sound to work
out of the box would be a big help to all those who are are going to
take a stab at FC4 since RH decided to get into the ppc arch.

Bret