FC4T1 nfs install

Ian Clancy clancyian at eircom.net
Tue Mar 22 02:12:30 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm attempting to install FC4T1 via nfs but i keep receiving the error "
That directory does not appear to contain a Fedora Core installation
Tree". The 4 iso files are in the /var/share/FC4 directory which is
exported from my FC3 server as follows :

> /var/share/FC4            *(ro,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

I have used sha1sum against the iso files and the check out ok.
Also, in my logs i can see that that my client is authenticating
successfully against my nfs server :

> Mar 22 02:06:32 localhost rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from 192.168.1.1:669 for /var/share/FC4 (/var/share/FC4)

I've even gone as far as placing a packet sniffer on the server and i
can see lots of nfs + sunrpc activity between the two machines.

Has anybody elese had any luck with nfs install ?

Regards,
Ian Clancy