fixing yum

Truls Gulbrandsen trulsg at broadpark.no
Tue Mar 22 20:14:33 UTC 2005

Claude Jones wrote:

>>>Please see my posting under this heading: "How an amateur figured it
>>>out".
>>>
>>>It may help.
>>

>>i could not read
>>
>># yum --exclude=package_name* --exclude=pack*  update
>># yum --exclude=package_name update gnome-*
>># yum groupudate "Group Name"
>># yum grouplist
>># yum update glib*
>>
>>or similiar.
>>
>>--
>>shrek-m
>>

> shrek-m: I just am not knowledgeable enough to understand your
> shorthand, here. Could you explain a little bit more what you're trying
> to say.
> By the way, I did try yum update glib* and it did it successfully.

Hi again,
pls. look up this posting: "Re: Unsigned Package" by shrek-m at gmx.de on
the 20th.  This may help you to understand where to use gpgcheck or not.

An example of yum exclude that I had to use when gnomemeeting gave a
dependency error:  "yum --exclude gnomemeeting udate".  Hopes this make
sense to you.

Regards,
Truls