Vmware 5 build 13014

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 22 23:12:57 UTC 2005

Gene C. wrote:
> On Sunday 20 March 2005 20:34, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>My beta test expired before I could try VMWare version 5 for Linux on
>>FC4T1. It seemed to run the virtual MS programs better than through true
>>hardware. It does seem to be a great improvement over version 4.5 (Which
>>is all my workplace has a license for). Fortunately, it was not a
>>difficult task to change the FC3 host - MS guests to run again on XP
>>host -windows guest (change the floppy, serial and parallel port
>>settings from a pulldown from /dev/device to windows terms from pulldown
>>menus.)
>

> There is a new vmware release candidate ... you might give it a try.

Thanks for the info. The beta for v5 quit working on March 15, so the
timing for the beta VMWare and the release of FC4T1 was a bit hard to try.
Dealing with hardware issues with a Linux host seemed to be easier for
me with VMWare on an FC3 host. I'd rather run the virtual machines in
this manner.

Jim

--
The software required Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.