We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will stillfall short

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Thu Mar 24 12:17:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 02:14 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > hopefully, gyum will be quickly in the extras, in my opinion it is a real good "replacement" for
> > system-config-packages, as yum even resolves the dependencies. Unfortunately, i did not test it that much, i use
> > almost yum in the shell ;-)
>
> Umm, unless I'm misunderstanding what I've read, gyum only works with
> yum 2.0.X.
>
> Not-so-work-y on FC3+

Well, gyum 2.0 does work with yum 2.1+, but it's a moot point because
gyum's speed is TERRIBLE for the most part since it screen-scrapes yum.

What we need is something that uses the yum Python modules to
handle/manipulate yum's repo and on-disk structures directly. Oh,
wait...

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/