FC4t1 and abiword - SOLVED FINALLY

Tom linxt at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 07:49:06 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 12:50, seth vidal wrote:
> > Hi Seth:
> >
> > Is there any idea on when libgnomedb will be added to the development
> > tree?  I still am unable to install abiword because this dependency is
> > missing.
>
> There was a broken dep problem in rawhide w/scrollkeeper, It's been
> resolved now so the build finished. It'll get pushed out tonight before
> the west wing comes on. :)
>
> -sv

Success! - Finally able to download the Abiword program but not until getting
completely frustated with yum.  When it eventually got past the libgnomedb
problem it ran into another dependency problem.  GRRRR.

Then, thanks to a suggestion from "gslink", I went to the Abiword site where I
found out about the ".package" format for installing programs.  I actually
finds the dependencies and downloads then so there aren't any dependency
errors.  Selection of programs so far is limited but when something works
well it will surely grow.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor