MSI K8N Platinum/Diamond audio detection NEWS

Ovidiu Lixandru ovidiu at linux360.ro
Tue Mar 29 13:24:07 UTC 2005

Cimmo wrote:
> GREAT!
> Thank you! Putting period time at 20 and also disabled the option below
> (use mmap I think) now I can hear also with 4.1 speakers without choppy
> sound.

You're most welcome.

> Lixandru tell me one thing:
> Your analog input works? Because I've an tv card, its output is
> connected to te input of my sound blaster live 24 bit, but I cannot hear
> any sound with tvtime.

Haven't tried it yet. I've got a tv card too, so I'll fiddle with it
these days and let you know how it's going. Just be sure it's not a
mixer problem. ;) Also, AFAIR in the Windows drivers that jack was
shared between an analogue line-in input and some digital I/O and you
had to set it in the Creative control panel. Maybe ALSA has a similar
setting.

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360