openoffice update missing x86_64

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 16:46:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 18:39 +0200, Cimmo wrote:
> Paul Iadonisi ha scritto:
>
> >  Um, as best as I can remember, that's the way it's always been.  OOo
> >has never been built for x86_64 (but possibly will be in the future) as
> >there was apparently some 64 bit brokenness.  The i386 version is what
> >has been shipped with FC since it first ran on x86_64, including in
> >rawhide.
> >

> Really? I have updated last week OO packages and seems to remember that
> they were x86_64, but probably were not :)

Nope.  OpenOffice.org has never compiled or run under 64-bit
architectures because it is seriously not 64-bit clean.  That work is
ongoing (part of its here on a hard drive on my desk) and is being
committed to the "cws_src680_ooo64bit02" workspace upstream in OOo CVS.
OOo runs on 64-bit platforms as a 32-bit program.

It will probably be FC6 time before anything useful on the OOo 64-bit
front comes out.

Dan