Openoffice media player

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun May 1 12:06:32 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 21:02 -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Sáb, 2005-04-30 às 16:20 -0700, Michael A. Peters escreveu:
>
> > Rather than port what they have to GStreamer, maybe it would be better
> > to start fresh and hook into totem - kind of like the totem mozilla
> > plugin is doing (anyone tried that recently??)
>
> As far as I can recall, totem for mozilla depends on xine, isn't it?

Totem can use xine as it's backend, but it also can use gstreamer.  It's
a compile time option and while totem used to default to xine in the
past, the current versions are set up to use gstreamer (including the
versions of totem in FC4 and GNOME-2.10) since gstreamer has grown up
enough to be a viable backend.

Rodd