Crappy fonts

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun May 1 18:00:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 23:35 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> > My fonts are just fine - every bit as good as FC3.  I have not changed lang.
> >
> > I tested konsole (not kconsole) and they look fine there.
> >
> > Gerry
>
> Could it be some kind of antialias he has turned on for fc3 but not fc4?

My fonts changed after installing sun java 1.5 (using  jPackage) - and
they are uglified, I'm not sure what caused it. On my laptop the same
thing did NOT happen when installing the jpackage Sun Java rpm's - so I
don't know what to think. But one day, they were the same defaults as
what I have on FC3, I install Java, and then they are weird. I wonder if
the font cache got screwed up or something.