No bugzilla in FC4?

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Mon May 2 19:47:14 UTC 2005

nodata wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 14:26 -0400, Chuck R. Anderson wrote:
>
>>On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 07:48:33PM +0200, nodata wrote:
>>
>>>I realise that, my question was poorly worded.
>>>Why is there no bugzilla package for Fedora?
>>
>>Because no enterprising sole such as yourself has contributed one to
>>Fedora Extras.
>>

> Why would an enterprising soul such as myself contribute one to Fedora
> Extras when an enterprising company such as Red Hat already use Bugzilla
> extensively and so would be the perfect people to package it?

bugzilla is the type of package that would potentially be useful
in Fedora Extras if someone in the community is interested in
building rpm packages of it and maintaining it.

Red Hat bugzilla is heavily modified from the upstream official
bugzilla.  Neither package is really appropriate for Fedora
Core, but I see no reason that it couldn't be put in Extras
once a volunteer in the community steps forward to package it
and maintain it.

FWIW, Fedora Core isn't a package dumping ground.