How to create a custom rescue disk

Michal Jaegermann michal at
Mon May 2 23:45:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 04:32:24PM -0500, Richard Ray wrote:
> Can someone point me to info on how to replace the isolinux/vmliunz on
> FC3-i386-rescuecd.iso. I've found docs that explain how to replace the
> packages but not the boot kernel.

If you added modules which you need you most likely need also
updated initrd with a newer version of 'nash' (I assume that nash
is also used on CD but I did not check).

OTOH if you just want to create a custom rescue disk but you are not
sure how then you can most likely use or
other similar project.  Look at

I did not try that with FC4test but mkcdrec used to work in the