No bugzilla in FC4?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Tue May 3 07:38:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 21:31, nodata wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 14:26 -0400, Chuck R. Anderson wrote:
> > On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 07:48:33PM +0200, nodata wrote:
> > > I realise that, my question was poorly worded.
> > > Why is there no bugzilla package for Fedora?
> >
> > Because no enterprising sole such as yourself has contributed one to
> > Fedora Extras.
> >

> Why would an enterprising soul such as myself contribute one to Fedora
> Extras when an enterprising company such as Red Hat already use Bugzilla
> extensively and so would be the perfect people to package it?

Maybe a bit OT this, but I would really suggest you evaluate some of the
more easy to use bugtracking solutions before going with Bugzilla. At
least I feel that it's a bit too heavy handed and too much work to
customize for smaller projects. Check out:

mantis: http://www.mantisbt.org/
trac: http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
roundup: http://roundup.sourceforge.net/

(... and probably many others.)