Rawhide dep issue with struts11

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue May 3 14:35:40 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 09:25, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> Anyone else seen this? I've been lurking and thinking this would resolve
> itself in time, but so far with continued rawhide refreshes, but I've
> been having this problem for the last week or so. Output from yum -y
> update:
>
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> 00:00
> extras-development        100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package struts11.noarch 0:1.1-1jpp_4fc set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: struts11 = 1.1-1jpp_2fc for package:
> struts11-webapps-tomcat5
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: struts11 = 1.1-1jpp_2fc is needed by package
> struts11-webapps-tomcat5
>
> You can obviously get around this with a --exclude=struts11 option, but
> I'm curious if I'm the only one seeing this.
>
> Shall I Bugzilla this or just wait patiently just a little longer?

I hit this problem a while ago and believe there is something in the mail
archives about it.

Anyway,  struts11-webapps-tomcat5 has been deleted from the distribution.
Delete this package and the rest of struts11 will update OK (or delete all of
struts11 and install it fresh from the archives which will do the same
thing).
--
Gene