Is there any interest in GRID computing?

Dwaine Castle dcastle at knology.net
Wed May 4 23:48:59 UTC 2005

I was thinking that if something like the Grid Toolkit came with Fedora
users could form a grid to help with software builds for example.  Platforms
like Seti & Grid.org are enormous.  I don't know how many Fedora testers
there are or how many we would need to make the idea viable but I wanted to
ask.  Corporations are interested in this, and I can see an opportunity for
end users to sell or donate processing time on their systems.  End users can
gain valuable experience configuring systems for grids which is a skill
that, I believe, we will all have to learn in the near future.

Dwaine