OOo fonts gone?

Kevin Freeman kfreem02 at comcast.net
Thu May 5 16:43:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 15:07 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Ah. That's a pain in the backside for me as I use bitmap fonts a lot.
> > > Any way to get them back?
> >
> I tend to use the likes of courier for fixed scale fonts for the likes
> of source code, arial and helvetica for Win32 compatibility and Times
> Roman for the same sort of reason.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Paul,

You may be interested in the ms-coreweb package at
http://mpeters.us/yum/fedora/3/i386.  The package is in the yjl
repository.  It contains common MS truetype fonts that they released
years ago so mindless worms could litter web pages with <font> tags.
The ploy worked.  (Oops, was that out load?)

Once installed, OOo (and every other app using freetype) will see the
new fonts - then you can delete the bitmaps!

Kevin