Apache Virtual Hosts

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu May 5 17:20:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 14:42 -0400, Ken Nordquist wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> For the NameVirtualHost, it is OK to have it as you have it...  *:80
>
> However, for each virtual host, you MUST have an ip address in the
> <VirtualHost> directive...

I should clarify that I have used the Fedora HTTP config tool to setup
my configuration, so any problems in the config are probably bugs, since
I didn't create any of this myself.

Okay, here's some relevant config bits (none of which were configured
manually):

Also, please see if you can connect to http://justin.ivg2.net and get
something other than the default server page that you get when the index
is missing - all I see is the default page from my LAN. On the other
hand http://ivan.ivg2.net/hl2/ works just fine, because I use an
explicit IP.

NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.105:80
NameVirtualHost *:80

ServerAdmin ivg2 at cornell.edu
ServerName ivg2.net

# Virtual host Default Virtual Host
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin ivg2 at cornell.edu
        ServerSignature email
        DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
        LogLevel debug
        HostNameLookups off
</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host Ivan's Virtual Host
<VirtualHost 192.168.2.105:80>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html.ivan/
        ErrorLog logs/error_log.ivan
        ServerAdmin ivg2 at cornell.edu
        ServerName ivan.ivg2.net
        ServerAlias cobra.ivg2.net
        TransferLog logs/access_log.ivan
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml
        <Directory "/var/www/html.ivan/">
                Options all
                AllowOverride none
        </Directory>
        TransferLog logs/access_log.ivan
        ErrorLog logs/error_log.ivan
</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host Justin's Virtual Host
<VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html.justin/
        ErrorLog logs/error_log.justin
        ServerAdmin jjp33 at cornell.edu
        ServerName justin.ivg2.net
        TransferLog logs/access_log.justin
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml

        <Directory "/var/www/html.justin/">
                Options all
                AllowOverride none
        </Directory>