Firefox etc. default homepage

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun May 8 20:28:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 13:28 +0200, nodata wrote:

> I tried to get used to it, but found the way it opened new windows on
> top of the old ones really annoying.

Yes it does - which is why you right click to browse folder if you don't
want that happening.
Where I find that useful though -

launch homedir
open rpm directory - yes, it open on top of home dir
open spec files directory - yes it opens on top of rpm dir on top of
home dir
drag spec file to my webdav server for sharing
ctrl-w and spec file directory is instantly closed - leaving me with rpm
directory
open source directory - copy patches to my webdav server for public
sharing
ctrl-w to close that
open srpms directory

It's much easier imho to use spatial in these scenarios imho.
I can also just drag a window off.

Spatial feels a lot like the classic Mac OS Finder did - I like that a
lot. And when I want to browse - I browse. Typically all I ever browse
are my ftp server, webdav server, and removable media. Those all have
icons on the desktop all the time making it easy to choose to browse
(via right click).