Error installing FC3

Daniel Tan danieltmh2004 at yahoo.com.sg
Mon May 9 14:32:46 UTC 2005

Hi,  thanks.

I ran the media check on disk1 ->  Test failed.  So I re-downloaded FC3-i386-disc1.iso from another mirror site (this time from Malaysia) -> burn the image on a new CDR -> re-ran the media check -> test failed.

I ran the media checks for disk2 and so on -> Test failed too.
I thought the prob may be with my CD-writer or CD recording s/w ??
I'm using Sonic RecordNow!Plus ver 7.3 Build 730B56C.
Anyway, I'll explore along this line.

Felix Becker <fedora at felix-becker.org> wrote:
Daniel Tan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Fedora Core 3. Just downloaded FC3 (04-Nov-2004) and tried
> to install.
>
> Gets an error message -> isolinux: Disk error 80, AX = 4280 drive 9F.
> Can't continue with the installation from FC3-i386-disc1.iso.
>
> Can anyone advise on how to overcome that?
>

> Daniel
>

> * Yahoo! Mobile
> *
> - Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

did you do the media check? i think it's an diskimageerror...

To unsubscribe: