FC4T3 still writes grub to MBR when told not to

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Tue May 10 14:21:08 UTC 2005

I have installed FC4T3 from the DVD iso (sha1sum correct, media actually
PASSED this time) and during install requested that Grub be written to
the first sector of the boot partition, hda6 instead of the MBR.  It
overwrote the MBR and I had to restore control of the MBR to my FC3
install using the Rescue CD.  My system is an x86, Athlon XP system.
FC3 is on hda1 and the new FC4T3 install is on hda6.  This same thing
happened with both T1 and T2, and was noted in the bug report, #151204.
I have added this information to the bug report.

This _really_ needs to be fixed before FC4 release.

Gerry