No screensavers in FC4T3?

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:49:28 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at redfishbluefish.com.au> wrote:

> > I thought they were doing them seperatly for awhile now?
> >
> > # yum list | grep xscreensaver
> > xscreensaver-base.i386                   1:4.21-3               installed
> > xscreensaver-extras.i386                 1:4.21-3               installed
> > xscreensaver-gl-extras.i386              1:4.21-3               installed
> > xscreensaver-debuginfo.i386              1:4.21-3               development
> >
> > To get the fancy, you had to install them.
>
> Does -base come with any screensavers?
>
> While I like the idea of having most of the screensavers in seperate
> packages, it doesn't seem great that -base doesn't have any screensavers
> (one or two really basic ones would make sense)
>
> R.

This package contains the bare minimum needed to blank and
lock your screen.

$ yum info xscreensaver-base
Setting up repositories
Installed Packages
Name   : xscreensaver-base
Arch   : x86_64
Version: 4.21
Release: 3
Size   : 1.8 M
Repo   : installed

 A modular screen saver and locker for the X Window System.
This package contains the bare minimum needed to blank and
lock your screen.  The graphical display modes are the
"xscreensaver-extras" and "xscreensaver-gl-extras" packages.