FC4T2 -> FC4T3

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri May 13 02:59:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 10:46 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> just to be precise, then, it *is* possible that, as one goes from one
> test release to the next or a test release to the final release, one
> can find a package that's been reverted to an earlier version due to
> unfixable issues?

Yes. I have evolution in rawhide reverted to earlier version, I believe
prior to FC2 release.

btw - I have done the "beta -> stable" thing in the past with little
problem - of course that doesn't mean there won't be one.

Stop updating about two weeks before final release - and when final
release comes out, remove the package that provides /etc/release and
install the new one from final. Check the /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory -
make sure everything is pointing to stable.

then -

rpm -qa |sort > rpm.initial
yum update
rpm -qa |sort > rpm.final

compare rpm.initial and rpm.final looking for packages that remained the
same - and see if they are newer than what is on official.

This is of course totally unsupported, as mentioned.
It's what I'm planning to do with my headless box currently running
rawhide since that is just the easiest way.