vga term

Caleb Warta cyberhawkusa at hotmail.com
Sun May 15 00:06:51 UTC 2005

>From: Robert Couture <rpa4email at rogers.com>
>To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: vga term
>Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 15:15:33 -0400
>
>On Saturday 14 May 2005 15:04, Caleb Warta wrote:
>
> >  hey i know this might not be the best place to ask but i really need
>some
> >  info on booting to a vga term so i can install the nvidia driver
>speaking
> > of which has anyone got the nvidia driver to work with cedega on FC4 T3
> > have had to luck my glcgears are going slower the the seconds  hand on
>my
> > watch
>
>telinit 3 from a terminal
>edit /etc/inittab and change initdefault from 5 to 3 (so you are assured of
>accessing the system easily.
>
>I am running the latest nvidia driver here on FC4t3 without a problem.
>However, I noticed that running it with Composite enabled (for dropshadows
>and translucency stuff in KDE) it run a 100 times worse than the nv drivers
>(??)
>
>Anyone know why?
>
>Robert.
>
>--

i got it working i had to copy the files over by hand

but i havnt had anyluck with the shadows and transpernt features that one of
the menus offered after a restart it would error and tell me to add 3 lines
to the xorg.conf file and i did restarted and still got the error i am not
100% sure on the location of these option anymore did to much head to desk
to day with the glx

speaking of which does anyone know if there is a way to get DRI to work with
a nVidia 6600 card

also does anyone know if there is any form of driver for a rage 128 procard
that might work with the x86 version of FC4 T3 i really want to kill this
last windows pc but thats the only card i got and i dont have the spare
money to get a new card i need the driver to have some form of glx dri or
opengl for gaming"older games" and maybe some opengl screen savers ive been
looking all over but all the google links to the ati site are to pages that
have been long removed