Install fail on Compaq R4000 series laptop.

whatsizbucket at comcast.net whatsizbucket at comcast.net
Sun May 15 00:22:18 UTC 2005

The install in both graphical mode and also text mode is failing (blank screen), even though there is DVD activity, but that shortly comes to a halt.  I begin to wonder if the DVD image is faulty, or if the test version is not compatiblewith my R4000 series Presario.  I will try a regular CD burn first.

Fedora Core 3 install fails also (and the CD's are good).

Laptop specs

AMD Sempron 3200
80 gig HD
768 meg mem
ATI Radeon XPress 200M (which I think may be the culprit if not the DVD image)

linux text install fails also.

Any ideas?

-Jason