shrek-m at shrek-m at
Sun May 15 16:21:27 UTC 2005

Kyle Pointer wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 16:55 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>>On 5/14/05, Mike Chambers <mike at> wrote:
>>>Second, I had the same problem, and removing the .xscreensaver dir and
>>>even rebooting didn't populate the screensavers.
>>no screensavers come with the base screensaver package
>>do you have xscreensavers-extras or -extras-gl installed?
>And another thing. When you install xscreensaver all the extra
>xscreensaver packages are installed be default!

you are sure ?

>So unless he did
>something really odd during installation its because of
>the .xscreensaver config and has nothing to do with whether or not he
>has those extra packages installed.

mine was a clean, fresh FC4t3.ppc installation,
and yes, only  "xscreensaver-base"  was here.

# yum -d0 list *screensaver*
Installed Packages
xscreensaver-base.ppc                    1:4.21-4               installed
Available Packages
xscreensaver-debuginfo.ppc               1:4.21-4               development
xscreensaver-extras.ppc                  1:4.21-4               development
xscreensaver-gl-extras.ppc               1:4.21-4               development

and yes, immediately after installing  "xscreensaver-gl-extras"  all was ok.