Pronlem with Intel 82810e DC-133 CC Video Controller

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun May 15 23:07:51 UTC 2005

Chandana De Silva wrote:
> Sorry I could not reply earlier. I set the resolution to 1024x768 at 16 and
> the hit ok, when the screen went blank. I am attaching xorg.conf for
> your information.

I was able to get a blank screen once when I tried FC4T2 version of X at
1280x1024 at 24 when launching ppcracer. The problem did not show at
1024x768 at 16 and ppcracer did not reveal any defects with X, other than
the blue border in the virtual terminals.

I did not use noaccel as an option during the tests.

To get the blank screen, launch ppcracer, then escape to get out of the
program. Notice unresponsiveness and switch to a virtual terminal.
Notice the blue border around the visible text.
Once you are back to the GUI (screen 7), notice the blank screen. to
exit the GUI (runlevel 3), hit ctl-alt-backspace. Once the server is
destroyed, launch X again. X comes back up normally.

Ppcracer was not as unresponsive during the relaunch of X and I did not
change to a virtual terminal. There might be a problem with the driver
now blanking, but it is not 100% reproducable during the tests that I did.

Are there any other users of FC4T3 having similar blank screens?

Jim

--
Going from DOS to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.