selinux and acpi actions...

Bikehead bikehead at amberpoint.com
Mon May 16 02:34:08 UTC 2005

I have FC4T3 synced up to the latest dev changes (5/15/05).  I'm having
trouble with getting acpi actions to work with SElinux enabled.  I made
a lid event in /etc/acpi/events that invokes a sleep script in
/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh.  The sleep script does a touch /tmp/suspend
and then 'echo mem> /sys/power/state'. I set the context to
system_u:object_r:etc_t, same as the /etc/acpi/events/sample.conf.

When I close the lid the system doesn't suspend.  The /var/logs/acpid
says that 'touch: cannot touch '/tmp/suspended': Permission denied' and
/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh: line 5: /sys/power/state: Permission
denied'.  The /var/logs/audit/audit.log say 'type=(null) msg=(null)'
about 20 times, but no other info.

If I setenforce 0 and close the lid then all works fine.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

--
   __o
 _-\<,_   Brian