no python scripting support for kig in kdeedu (FC4T2)

Maurizio Paolini paolini at dmf.unicatt.it
Mon May 16 16:34:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 11:24:01AM -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:15 +0200, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
> >
> > I have a 'dirty' solution which allows me to build a working rpm
> > package for kig (with scripting support).
> >
> > So, first question: whom should I contact in order to discuss this
> > problem?  Is this mailing list the appropriate place?
>
> File a bug against kig and it should get to the proper maintainer.

Let me be clear about this:  it is *not* a problem with kig!
everything works fine as soon as the proper gcc compiler is used
and the correct version of libboost is present.  This is rather
a problem in the combination of these factors as present in fc4.
This is the reason why I am using this mailing list.

> Rule of thumb is you have a better chance of getting it fixed if it is
> reported in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.redhat.com).  As always the sooner
> the better. Thanks.

Thank you for the advice.  I created an account for bugzilla, but I am
still waiting for the confirmation email.

Regards,
Maurizio Paolini