Cyrus IMAPd removed from FC4???

John Dennis jdennis at
Mon May 16 16:53:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 12:42 -0400, Don Casey wrote:
>  If the comunity would like to have Cyrus-imapd as part of the distro
> would it not be put back in. My main use of Fedora is as mail servers and
> I like the customization that is available with Cyrus. I would understand
> switching to Dovecot if only it were a completed project with 1.0 and
> there dovecot-sasl.

Just so I understand your perspective and the consequences of the
decision to move it from core to extras may I ask you if its location in
extras vs. core a burden or impediment to your use of cyrus-imapd? It's
still there, it's still supported, it's just in a different repository.
If you would like to present a rational for moving it back to core I
will be an advocate for you, but the rational at the moment has to be
more than "I dislike its location" for your argument to carry weight.
Fair enough?
John Dennis <jdennis at>