HUH?

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Mon May 16 21:34:10 UTC 2005

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>On May 15, 2005, "Ronny Strenger" <ronnybaby at linuxmail.org> wrote:
>

>>I have tried downloading Fedora 4 test3 several times and I, for the life of me, cannot get the number one disk to boot!
>>

>>What COULD I be doing wrong??
>>

>Using a bad kernel to burn the FC4T3 CDs?  I remember one of the last
>few kernels before we froze for FC4T3 wouldn't burn CDs correctly.  If
>you'd been tracking rawhide and then decided to burn FC4T3 with the
>one- or two-before-FC4T3 kernel, you might be running into this
>problem.  Try updating the kernel and booting into it, and you might
>have better luck burning a bootable CD.

Hello,

      My story may be somewhat similar.  I can use the first disk to
boot (and install successfully) FC4T3.  In fact, I can do a complete
install on my Dell Dimension xps 600t and my IBM ThinkPad T-30.
However, when I try to do the same install on my Dell Inspiron 4000, I
cannot even boot the computer with it.  I never had problems with Fedora
Core 2 and Fedora Core 3, only with the test versions of Fedora Core 4
(test 1,2,3).  Has anyone had problems with this installation on Dell
laptops?  I have already gone to bugzilla and it seems that a similar
problem seem to be the case only with Dell Laptops.  Any suggestions to
correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff