NO SOUND

Asa Canaway asacan at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 22:22:14 UTC 2005

As I was reading through the test-list archive, I remembered that I, too, was having the same problem regarding sound and EMU10k.  Never worked since trying to initialize sound at installation.  At that moment, I recalled what other distributions have done, installing with all mixer settings DOWN.  I opened KMIX (my Gnome isn't working right now, but that's for a different message), and adjusted my sliders.  They appeared to be up a little, but I moved them up more anyway (what would it hurt if it isn't working, right?).  Then I opened up System Settings > Soundcard Detection, and I could barely hear the test pattern.  I bumped up my speaker volume a little, and viola!  Sound works!