rawhide report: 20050516 changes

IgnitionWorks ignitionworks at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 23:24:42 UTC 2005

--- Miloslav Trmac <mitr at volny.cz> wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 09:28:47PM +0200, nodata
> wrote:
> > Yes, but my point is that e-mails that looks like
> something has gone
> > wrong should be fixed, so that when something
> really does go wrong, we
> > can see, rather than assuming "oh, that funny
> looking thing means that
> > no packages were updated", and doing a secret
> handshake.
> I assume the script doesn't know whether something
> has gone wrong
> or whether no packages were updated.
> 	Mirek

The developers are working on high priority issues and
I personally do not think this is a high priority or a
show stopper.

The build system script needs to check for updated
packages, if any, else send 'No packages' email.

For the interm, they can run cron M-F only.

Either way, it's a trivial issue.

Josh