Absence of the inbox applet in Gnome

Kyle Pointer kapointer at charter.net
Tue May 17 02:36:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:22 -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      Does anyone know the reason why the Inbox applet is no longer
> included in Gnome 2.10?  When I right-click on the taskbar and find "add
> to panel", I noticed that the Inbox applet is no longer available.
>

> Jeff

 They removed it in gnome 2.10 because it was insecure and unmaintained.
( I quote ) :)
But if you want a better mail notification program,
( enable fedora-extras repo )
 yum install mail-notification
Then there should be a nifty little module in gnome-control-center. :)
( or you could just start it manually with mail-notification / I like
the consistency in naming :) )
-- kyle