yum error

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed May 18 02:17:11 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 5/17/05, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>It looks like we will have a lot of installed standalone modules for
>>kernels that are no longer available. I deleted all of the prior
>>versions prior to this query. The query will be very long once many
>>standalone modules exist. This might be a battle worth supporting before
>>it becomes a severe problem.
>

> if you arent actively using or actively testing the gfs or clustering
> stuff.. just remove those kernel module packages... and avoid the
> support issue completely.
>
> -jef

I'm interested in the concept and this sounds like a great feature for
database and shared files between stations.

One question though. Why do the modules specify a certain kernel version
in the src rpms?

attached errors when trying to compile,

Jim

--
<change_m2> Will LINUX ever overtake sliced bread as the #1 achievement
             of mankind?