nVidia drivers and rawhide

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu May 19 21:25:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

I know it's a bad mix(TM) but I do run rawhide here (updated daily), but
do need to use the nVidia 3D acceleration. Daft as it sounds, I've
always had my machines running on rawhide, but due to doing some dev
work, I need OpenGL.

What is the best way for me to do this? I know I will need to recompile
whenever I change kernel, but is there a way that I can use the livna
python script to ensure I use the correct xorg.conf file and recompile
against the new kernel modules using the either the livna src rpms or
the nVidia builder while still using a different kernel?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Space", it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how
vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big space really is. I mean, you may