OO,gcc,kernel: which versions?

Cimmo cimmo at libero.it
Fri May 20 15:24:56 UTC 2005

Dan Williams ha scritto:

>You must balance the stability of software you ship with the features
>the software provides.  During development, if you are working with beta
>software, you identify bad bugs and you fix those before you ship.  You
>don't wait for upstream to fix them because upstream is not shipping
>Fedora Core and upstream frankly doesn't care about Fedora Core.  It's a
>tradeoff; if you never trade something off, you never ship anything, or
>you ship crap that nobody wants to use because its very old.

There is an alternative option:
give OOo 1.1.4 when FC4 will be released, and when OOo 2.0 will come out
give it like other updates.

I perfectly know that each projects doesn't care or wait for Fedora, and
I know that waiting is not always the best resolution, but also come out
with OO that may corrupt your data is not better, do you agree?

b.r.
Cimmo