FC4T3 Test Report, ASUS K8N-DL Mobo(x86_64)

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Sat May 21 22:16:52 UTC 2005

Looks like I can get FC4T3 i386 to install on this machine thus far if I
do a couple of things to the box.

1.  Disable the NForce 4 PRO USB controller
2.  Disable the NForce 4 PRO SATA controller
3.  Connect all drives to the Silicon Image SATA RAID Controller

Kind of a bummer about the USB controller, but there seems to be a
serious issue with the sil_sata module under x86_64 that keeps the
system from continuing past the formatting of the drives.

It also looks like there are some issues with the PCI-E bus, but I need
to investigate further.

I am opening a few bugzilla entries on these problems.  Normally, I
would set these as critical, but it's really too late in the devel cycle
to get 'em fixed.

How would I recreate the ISO's for FC4T3 with all of the updates from
rawhide to test as close as I can to the version that will really be
released?

Sean