A question about top posting.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun May 22 14:14:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 11:02:31AM +0800, Yuan Yijun wrote:
> Why do they do top posting... simply because they use gmail to reply.
> fedora-test-list posters come from every place of the world and gmail
> is commonly used. On the contrary, other list may not have so many
> posters, and the posters use their formal email address instead of
> gmail. Often I think gmail should give an option to attach old message
> before/after the new one, and only attach one/two levels of old
> message. People who don't use gmail have a lot of control over this.
> And when they use a mail client instead of web interface, they
> carefully trim old messages before reply. .02

I tried it and I see no problem in bottom posting with gmail. It does
take an extra stop of moving the cursor. But that does no seem
onerous.
DISCLAIMER:
Use of this advanced computing technology does not imply an endorsement
of Western industrial civilization.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University