<4> post_create: setxatter failed

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Mon May 23 10:22:38 UTC 2005

Dan Hollis wrote:

>On Mon, 23 May 2005, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>>"not production ready" eg not ready for deployment in ISP production
>>>environment. When people stop filing critical selinux bugs in buzilla then
>>>it will be production ready :-)
>>>

>>Using just the number of bug reports to assert whether something is
>>production ready or not looks like a bad idea to me. Take a look at the
>>bug count against any major package like the kernel or xorg for comparison
>>

>I'm not using just the number. I'm using the criticality of the bugs. Eg
>showstoppers.
>
>Would _you_ seriously deploy FC4T3+selinux in a corporate production
>server right now?

good joke  :-)
[...] not production ready [...] seriously deploy FCxTx+selinux in a
corporate production [...]

*
*http://www.net-security.org/search.php?sort=0&keyword=selinux&search.x=0&search.y=0
 -> http://www.net-security.org/news.php?id=7755
  ->
http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1082560,00.html

<snip>
*"Think before deploying Security-Enhanced Linux in RHEL 4"

*One of the most exciting new features in RHEL v.4 is the implementation
of Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux). In this tip, we'll look at how you
can use it to beef up system security.
</snip>

--
shrek-m