<4> post_create: setxatter failed

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Mon May 23 13:37:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Alan Cox wrote:
> Nowdays nobody wants to trade 10-20% of performance for 1% more disk
> space given the price of disks and the disks can stream data at high
> speed without 8K blocks.

Alan self appointed spokesperson for the entire world :-)

At least on my home machine I got ~10% extra disk space and only take a
small performance hit on writes. Its like having a 220gb disk instead of
a 200gb one. Thats worth it to me at least.

And at least its an option for end users to choose, instead of "the one
and only true way" ala steve jobs applethink.

-Dan