Install of FC4T3 fails to update MBR in Windows dual boot env.

Srihari Vijayaraghavan sriharivijayaraghavan at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 24 04:17:04 UTC 2005

A friend of mine had this happened to him:

##### starts here #####
My PC has 3 installs of Windows XP SP2 accessed via
Windows boot manager.
When I install FC4T3 onto 10 gig of empty space on 2nd
hard drive, the install would complete successfully,
but on reboot the windows boot manager is still there,
with no sign of grub. I have installed 4 times with
same result.
##### Ends here #####

It seems as if anaconda 'forgot' to write the Grub on
the MBR of the Primary master IDE hard drive. Does
this sound like a known bug? Do you need more
information?

We are happy to raise a bug in bugzilla. A quick
search on bugzilla did not reveal a similar bug.

Thanks
Hari

http://au.movies.yahoo.com