Continuing Synaptic Touchpad issues

David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud) dave at davenjudy.org
Thu May 26 04:32:33 UTC 2005

Craig Thomas wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 19:52 -0600, David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud)
>wrote:

><snip>
>

>>> No.  The system is an HP laptop (zv6015) that has no PS/2 port.
>>

>I've an HP dv1000 [dv1227us] with the Synaptics touchpad. My xorg.conf
>is posted here [along with some things I did to get this machine working
>better] :
>
>http://www.codexinteractive.com/cwt/dv1000/
>

>>> Section "InputDevice"
>>>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>>>         Driver      "mouse"
>>>         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>>>         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>>>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>>>         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
>>> EndSection
>>

>In your Module section, do you Load "synaptics" ?
>
>HTH,
>
> -- Craig Thomas

Actually, the hint from one of the other folks regarding sending a reset
(turned out to actually be "reconnect") to the driver seems to have done
the trick.

Still not working is my Broadcom wireless NIC and I'm still seeing a lot
of clock drift.  Everything seems to be set right for the wireless NIC
so my guess is I just need to discover the right incantation to get the
radio to actually turn on.  The clock drift issue was also discussed in
another post so it sounds like there is a kernel patch to at least get
it down to something reasonable.  I'll see if it get fixed in the kernel
at some point and, if not, I'll probably be stuck continuing to compile
a custom kernel.

Dave