Firefox - why is it better?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri May 27 13:47:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 08:43 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 19:56 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Not to nitpick, but i find the bookmarks idea somewhat limiting
> > because all the bookmarks are global and show up for all applications.
> > It would be far more useful to me to be able to supplement the
> > bookmark list with application specific bookmarks. So instead of
> > having 10+ bookmarks that show up all the time. I could have the 3 or
> > 4 relevant bookmarks that I use frequently for each application show
> > up.
>
> I'd settle for it just remembering the last directory I pointed it at,
> and starting there.

Unfortunately, right now this is application-determined, not file
selector determined.  Each app that uses the file selector must specify
the directory to start at, otherwise the default is used (ie, ~).  I got
pissed off enough that I implemented last-directory-used for gedit.

Arguably, it should be controlled by the file selector APIs though.

Dan