process hangs on 13xx smp kernels

Jonathan Deitch pinball at litz.org
Fri May 27 22:55:21 UTC 2005

Intel SE7501CW2 dual 1.8 xeon, 512mb memory, IDE hdd w/two 3ware raid
cards for mass storage ... it's a "normal" fc4t3 installation, with all
available yum updates installed.

It flat out refuses to boot to smp - freezes the instant a login prompt
appears whether in single mode, normal multiuser, or X.

I've backtracked kernels all the way to old FC3 kernels, same thing ...

- litz